Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Love, Your Birthmommy

Dearest Liam,

In the past nine or so months I have anguished over what to say to you. What should I write? How much to tell you? There is no manual on how to raise children and thus no manual on how to allow someone else to raise your children. I thought of telling you how you were conceived, how I came to the decision to place you for adoption, how to tell you all my complicated feelings. Today I realized that all I need to say is that I love you. Since this is an open adoption you already know who I am, where I came from and why I found you the two best parents any child could ever hope for. My feelings aren't complicated at all when I strip away all the thoughts of what I should be feeling. I suppose I expected to be sad or have feelings of loss. However, when I see you snuggled up in your mommy or daddy's arms I can't help but feeling elated. I miss you so very much and I probably will never stop missing you but knowing you are safe and happy makes that all better. In other words son, I don't ever want you to doubt that I love you and always will. You are so blessed to have a mommy and daddy who love you as much as they do. There is nothing they nor I would ever not do for you, nothing we wouldn't sacrifice willingly. I will always be here for you. But all that can be summed up into this:

Dear Liam,

I love you!

Love,
Your Birthmommy




No comments:

Post a Comment